POSITION TITLE: Laboratory Intern
CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time – Safety Sensitive
REPORTS TO: Senior Chemist
EXPERIENCE: Junior (2+ Years)
EDUCATION: Major related to Chemistry
POSITION SUMMARY: Kuehne Company is seeking a motivated and well-rounded Laboratory Intern willing to learn and perform different laboratory methods within a manufacturing environment. These methods include performing various wet chemistry techniques and using a variety of instruments such as the spectrophotometer, GC, HPLC, pH meters, and ICP-OES. The Laboratory Intern will also have an opportunity to learn Laboratory etiquette and help with the overall upkeep of the laboratory.
– Analyze samples for physical characteristics using a variety of wet chemistry techniques
– Prepare standards and reagents, calibrate, and the ability to learn and operate sophisticated laboratory instruments such as HPLC, ICP, GC (under supervision).
– Maintain a clean and safe working environment in compliance with safety standards.
– Perform necessary laboratory administrative functions such as filing paperwork, photocopying, organizing laboratory inventory, and entering data into a computerized data log.
– Report results to the appropriate departments and managers in a timely manner.
– Maintain test logs and document laboratory test results
– (Option) Travel between the different sites for different lab experiences.
– Familiar with Laboratory Safety.
– Ability to understand Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s).
– Knowledge of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling (GHS).
– Be accountable, self-motivated; and willing to learn.
– Process orientated.
– Possess mathematical and scientific aptitude and the patience to pursue complex problems methodically.
– Effective computer skills and knowledge of commonly used MS Office software.
– Ability to sit for extended periods, periodically bending and twisting and frequently applying a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
– Ability to work with limited supervision while meeting plant objectives.
– Must have a hands‐on approach and strong work ethic.
– Ability to organize and prioritize workload for effective implementation.
– Capable of working on a team with different levels of experience and education
– Ability to utilize Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
– Ability to document detailed data in a lab notebook.
– Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.
– Must be able to pass a ten (10) panel controlled random substance testing.
Certification and Licensing
- Applicable driver’s license. Requires travel to other company locations and/or training sites in the state and out of state
- Lift or move objects pounds occasionally.
- Mobility to travel in and around office surroundings and job sites.
- Ability to operate office tools and equipment required.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with this position. While this position description is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, and or remove duties as necessary.
KUEHNE COMPANY, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This job description has been approved by all levels of management:
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.