At L.L.Bean, we’ve been a trusted source for quality apparel, reliable outdoor equipment and expert advice for over 100 years. Why? Because our employees love what they do and share a passion for the outdoors – whether they’re working inside or playing outside.
We’re looking for college students who are ready for adventure in their professional life, and who desire to work for a company where we live our mission of inspiring and enabling all types of people to experience the restorative power of the outdoors.
Our Virtual Summer Internship Program will fully immerse you in the business and culture of L.L.Bean, including what it means to Be an Outsider. You will produce meaningful work that directly impacts our company, build relationships with leaders, be mentored by business experts, be exposed to every corner of our business, and so much more. This is a 10-week paid position that typically begins in June and ends mid-August. Please note – all internships will be virtual.
Over the past few years we have hosted interns in Creative (Copywriting, Design, Videography and Photo Art Direction), Customer Satisfaction (Call Centers), Engineering, Facilities, Finance, Health/Safety/Wellness, Human Resources, Information Services/IT, International, Marketing (Brand, Analytics/Data Science, Customer Insights, Performance Media), Merchandising/Product Creation (Product Development/Design), Retail, and Supply Chain.
As an intern with L.L.Bean, you will be given the opportunity to work on projects that will have a direct impact on our company. Here’s a sample of some of the recent projects our interns have worked on:
● Update and enhance tools used to forecast inventory levels during promotional events
● Assist on video and catalog photo shoots
● Present customer acquisition tactics, research, and recommendations
● Enhance the customer experience and engagement with our brand
● Travel with the Experiential Marketing team to present “BeanOutsider at Work”
● Write content for our website, catalog, and social posts
● Analyze performance trends, customer demand, and price point to determine assortment lines
● Dive into Paid Search and performance media analytics
● Participate in re-designing the Gortex Bean Boot
● Assist and drive Java backend development projects
● Design and develop specific branded materials for our Student Ambassador program
● Must be currently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year college degree program; minimum 3.0 gpa required
● Strong preference will be given to rising Juniors and Seniors as well as Spring ’21 grads
● Passion for the outdoors and L.L.Bean’s core activities
● Have proven leadership skills, with the ability to develop and motivate others
● Capability to build strong partnerships and to work collaboratively to achieve goals
● Enthusiasm, motivation, and a positive attitude
● Curious, inquisitive problem solvers
● Demonstrated interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Applications for Summer 2021 are currently being accepted. Interviews will start to take place in January 2021. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to this posting on llbeancareers.com. Please indicate in your cover letter which department(s) you’d like to intern in.
L.L.Bean offers temporary employees a 401(k) program with employer match, along with generous discounts on L.L.Bean merchandise. Please read more about our outstanding benefits package for employees at www.llbeancareers.com.
Being outside brings out the best in us, no matter where we come from or what we believe. At L.L.Bean, we value individual differences and encourage our co-workers to be themselves – because the uniqueness of each individual makes L.L.Bean better.