Are you interested in a full-time, salary position with a generous benefits package? If so, look no further!
We’re currently searching for someone who is passionate about improving the health and safety of children and their families, is the voice for advocate for young children, is passionate to serve the Newark community and is able to work at our 221 Broad Street location.
Apply now so you can become part of our ever growing organization.
· Develops written health, environmental safety, sanitation, food service and emergency policies and procedures that are acceptable and approved in compliance with local and state regulations, and as appropriate in coordination with the Division Director, consultants, staff, policy council, and the Executive Director.
· Ensures compliance with Head Start performance standards as well as other local, state and federal regulations, to ensure health, safety and nutrition standards are met.
· Monitors and follows up on health and nutrition status of children in the services systems and outcomes to ensure high quality and individualized services are delivered for children and families consistent with the program requirements.
· Build alliances with community health and nutrition stakeholders in order to create interagency linkages that meet the needs of the children and their families.
· Provides training and technical assistance to staff based on assessment of health, safety and nutrition service area needs.
· Has primary responsibility for the content, operation and oversight of the food services program with the supervision of the Health and Food Services Staff.
· Bachelor’s and or Master’s Degree in Health and Nutrition or related field
· Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
· Experience working on children’s health & nutrition
· Experience working in Head Start organization with children ages 0-5 yrs old
· Monday – Friday
· 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
· Schedule may vary accordingly to meet division’s needs
HOW TO APPLY:
· Email your cover letter and resume to Ecdrecruiting@lacasanwk.org
· Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted
La Casa de Don Pedro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, non-merit based factors, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website: www.lacasanwk.org