Deposit Operations Specialist, Part-Time
As the Deposit Operations Associate you will be responsible for completing tasks within the Deposit Operations Department.
- Daily processes such as Account Opening, Account Maintenance, Disputes, Third Party Verifications, Check Distributions, Wires , ACH Reviews, Decedent and Legal Processing
- Monetary reviews; ODP, non-posts, RICL “Return item cash letter”, exceptions, overdrafts, ARGO, large dollar, foreign check collections, EARNS, mobile deposits, adjustments, blocks and stop payments.
- Non-monetary reviews; maintenance, dormant, escrow, returned mail, 3rd party information requests, closed accounts, business and consumer documents, instant issue, e-funds, holds, decedent, subpoenas, levies and year end processes.
- Handles inbound and outbound wire transfer processing
- Process mail deposits and restitutions to the correct account
- Processes documentation for non-standard account processing (Estate, Guardianships, Power of Attorney, Name Changes, and Third Party Verifications, etc.)
- Reviews account processing activities (customer account maintenance & documentation changes, new account documentation, deposit exceptions, form transmittals for scanning, etc.)
- Corresponds with branches/call center via phone or in writing as appropriate to resolve service requests
- Processes deposit return transactions; interacts with BSA/Fraud team reporting suspicious activities
- Meet established goals for all metrics, including Quality and Productivity
- Daily processing of Instant Issue Cards – printing, stuffing and mailing.
- Processes all items/requests in accordance with regulatory standards and bank policy and procedures to ensure compliance
- May act as mentor and provide training to less experienced staff within Deposit Operations.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 year previous customer service experience within a retail, financial services industry or bank
- 3 year experience using computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High School Diploma is required
- Intermediate skills in alphanumeric data entry
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to:
- Provide prompt, clear, concise information to others in verbal, written, electronic, and other communication formats as well as determine which method is best for a given situation.
- Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and initiative.
- Demonstrate respect for others.
- Prioritize work duties for maximum efficiency, execute transactions with minimal errors, ensure quality work product, and demonstrate accountability for work and actions.
- Seek process improvement through numerous resources.
- Effectively apply creative problem-solving to address business needs and issues, and makes sound decisions based on evaluation of available information.
- Act with personal, professional and behavioral integrity.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be bondable.
All Lakeland Bank employees must be bondable. FBI background checks are required to confirm eligibility for bonding. Note: A guilty plea or criminal conviction will not necessarily preclude employment at Lakeland Bank.
Lakeland Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
- Monday through Friday, Flexible hours, 20 hours per week
- Overtime as needed
Initially, this position will be on-site at Milton Operations Center in Oak Ridge.
After 3-4 months, there is an opportunity to work remotely.