At LandCare, we’re passionate about creating meaningful environments for our customers and employees. Our teams make it happen with strong communication skills, service-minded work ethic, and most of all, teamwork.
We’re a growing company with a footprint that spans the country
· 4,000 Employees coast to coast
· 60 Locations in 25 states
· 25+ Years in business
· $200M in annual sales
With a strong, stable foundation, you can look forward to growth opportunities with us.
The Internship program at LandCare is designed to provide college students with an inside look at a role as an estimator. An Estimator measures and collects data for the properties of prospective clients to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for maintenance and irrigation projects.
· Uses satellite imagery technology and/or measuring wheel or other manual means to measure properties of existing clients. Location, complexity, or standard practices will dictate the method used for measurement.
· Reviews properties for complex service requirements such as dense vegetation to properly account for labor requirements on a potential client property.
· Inputs all measured and analyzed information into a system to calculate production times, material costs and labor costs for a proposal.
· May consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
· Interfaces with the sales representatives and Area and Branch Managers frequently to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
· Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Landscape Design, Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Agriculture Business, or Finance
· Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
· Strong work ethic
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Ability to manage deadlines, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Customer service experience
· Bilingual (Spanish) a plus