At LandCare, we’re passionate about creating meaningful environments for our customers and employees. Our teams make it happen with strong communication skills, service-minded work ethic, and most of all, teamwork.
We’re a growing company with a footprint that spans the country
- 4,000 Employees coast to coast
- 60 Locations in 25 states
- 25+ Years in business
- $200M in annual sales
With a strong, stable foundation, you can look forward to growth opportunities with us.
The remote internship program at LandCare is designed to provide college students with an inside look at a role as an estimator. An Estimator measures and collects data for the properties of prospective clients to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for maintenance and irrigation projects.
- Uses satellite imagery technology to measure properties of existing clients. Location, complexity, or standard practices will dictate the method used for measurement.
- Reviews properties for complex service requirements such as dense vegetation to properly account for labor requirements on a potential client property.
- Inputs all measured and analyzed information into a system to calculate production times, material costs and labor costs for a proposal.
- Interfaces with the sales representatives and Area and Branch Managers frequently to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates, and to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Landscape Design, Landscape Architecture, Agriculture Business, or Business
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong work ethic
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage deadlines, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Able to work part-time during the school year