Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. In 2020, Langan ranked as one of the top 5 Best Firms to Work For and top 100 Hot Firms.
Langan has an outstanding Fall (September-December) Cooperative Education or Internship Opportunity available in our Survey group in New York City. The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude, will work on exciting projects and most importantly, work in a team environment while gaining practical experience! Interns are integrated into our survey team to assist with both office and field work covering all technical aspects of projects.
This is a great opportunity to get exposure to survey, design and construction and may involve:
- Collecting site information;
- Collecting utility information;
- Preparing technical reports, survey plans and layout plans for projects such as utility construction, road and parking layout, and site improvements; and,
- Construction layout.
Langan co-ops will have the opportunity to train in other Langan disciplines, including Environmental, Civil, and Geotechnical Engineering. General requirements are listed below.
- Student actively pursuing a four year degree in Engineering Technology, Survey, or Civil Engineering;
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Field work that will require conducting boundary, topographic, utility, and architectural surveys;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD; knowledge of Terramodel, Trimble, Leica and Topcon Total Stations, Trimble GPS and TDS is desired; and,
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Please submit resume, cover letter and include unofficial academic transcripts. Preference will be given to students who are currently in their Jr. or Sr. year or to students pursuing their MS degree.
Langan does not provide housing nor relocation assistance for internship/co-op positions.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.