Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Engineer, Scientist, or Geologist – Entry to 3 Years Experience in our Arlington, VA office. As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to: supporting the performance of environmental projects, preparing technical proposals and reports, performing field investigations, and applying a diversified knowledge of engineering and geologic principles and practices in broad areas of assignments. Daily activities may include oversight of environmental drilling and well installation, multimedia sampling, contractor oversight, Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, and environmental reporting. Possession of a strong technical education, technical writing skills, data management skills, a professional demeanor, and the desire to learn are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, or related; Master’s degree preferred;
- Entry to 3 years of related environmental experience, including internships, field camp, and/or practical work experience;
- Willing to travel for field work up to 50%;
- Ability to perform physical tasks and work outdoors;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment, and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and technical written communication skills as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of computers; AutoCAD, GIS modeling, and mapping experience preferred;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification is preferred but not required;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation for remote job site locations;
- Field experience conducting environmental investigations and remediation is desired but not required; and
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer