LangInnov is a start-up company whose mission is to support the development of bilingualism by addressing the need for adequate assessment materials for the growing bilingual population that enters U.S. educational systems.
We are currently focused on recruiting dynamic and motivated individuals to build BLAST, a bilingual assessment and literacy development application, and share the adventure with us. BLAST (which stands for Bilingual Literacy Assessment and Skills Tracker) is a user-friendly, fully automated, multi-platform, language and literacy assessment for emergent bilinguals, that allows them to respond in English and Spanish.
Linguistics & Educational Content Assistants
Our dream candidates have experience working on bilingual literacy projects and/or bilingual assessments, and possess the following qualities:
- Set the highest professional standards for their work
- Manage time independently and are motivated to learn
- Researching bilingual education standards, literacy, and assessment literature
- Collaborating in the design of assessment specifications and prototypes
- Writing and reviewing assessment content, items, and rubrics
- Piloting assessments in schools
- Familiarity with bilingual literacy issues and challenges
- Familiarity with bilingual assessments
- Experience conducting research in public schools
- Native speaker of Spanish or English (and highly proficient in the other language)
- Ability to work collaboratively but also comfortable working independently with minimal direction.
Position is located at our office in New York City.
If you want to join a dynamic team, please submit your resume via:
Not sure where you might fit? Send us your resume and tell us about yourself. We are always looking to add good people to our team!