Lantern Hill in New Providence, NJ, is hiring an Activities Assistant to support Continuing Care. The Activities Assistant (aka: Program Assistant) is responsible for working with residents within Continuing Care (skilled nursing, long term care, assisted living and memory care) to stimulate their physical, intellectual, social, spiritual and emotional well-being.
How you will make an impact:
- Leading group and individual activities in both structured and impromptu in activity spaces, common areas, and in resident’s rooms.
- Working collaboratively with other team members, volunteers, families and community groups.
- Planning and preparing various activity programs.
- Generating activity supply lists and maintain supplies and equipment.
- Maintaining proper documentation including daily attendance sheets.
- Participating in team discussions regarding activity programming, monthly calendars, activity and staff scheduling, and resident concerns.
What we offer:
- Competitive benefit packages including medical, dental, vision and 401K with a match after 1 year.
- On-site medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Gated community with 24/7 security.
- One of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision and mission.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associates degree in a related field is preferred.
- Experience as an Activities Assistant in a licensed health care facility preferred.
- Experience working with the elderly preferred.