Lantern Hill is a luxurious 20-acre continuing care retirement community located in Union County, New Jersey in the borough of New Providence. We’re part of a growing network of communities managed by Erickson Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
Lantern Hill in New Providence, NJ, is looking for Restaurant Servers to join our Dining Team in making a difference in the live of our residents. Not only do you maintain hours regardless of the world outside, but you also connect directly with our residents through safe and direct interactions. Don’t miss the chance to make an impact in the lives of others while putting smiles on their faces!
Restaurant Servers are placed in one of our three fine dining restaurants and work part time, 4 – 9pm.
Are you a High School student looking for a job after school? A college student ready to step forward into a career with an award winning company? An adult looking for a chance to make a difference while providing flexibility to balance life and work? This position is for you!
How you will make an impact:
- Become a subject matter expert on menu items, daily specials, and preparation methods.
- Engage our residents and their guests by sharing daily menu highlights and offering recommendations, based on knowing their preferences.
- Accurately record food and beverage orders.
- Consistently deliver an exceptional dining experience.
Benefits we offer:
- Tuition reimbursement/scholarship programs.
- Opportunities for growth within dining and other departments.
- Quality of life – not your typical late-night restaurant hours.
- 24-hour gated and secured community campus.
- Discounted medical and dental benefits available to employees working 30+ hours
What you will need:
- Prior service and/or kitchen experience is highly preferred.
- Friendly and energetic communication skills.
- The desire to provide top-notch service.
Erickson Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.