In this exciting role, you will apply performance analysis and modeling techniques for HPC and AI applications in distributed memory supercomputers and help in application tuning.
What You Will Do:
- Performance Analysis, Modeling, and Tuning of HPC and AI workloads.
- Participate in a multidisciplinary team involving computer scientists, applied mathematicians, and domain scientists with the purpose of developing and deploying these codes for the solution of scientific and engineering problems.
- Document work and results in the form of journal papers and conference proceedings.
- Present work and results at scientific meetings.
What is Required:
- PhD degree, within the last 3 years, in computer science, applied math, computational science, or a related technical field.
- Standard LBNL training for computer science postdocs.
- Experience in using at least one shared memory or GPU programming models (e.g. OpenMP, OpenACC, or CUDA).
- Familiarity with performance profiling infrastructures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- This is a full-time 2-year postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than 4 years years of paid postdoctoral experience. Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
- This position is represented by a union for collective bargaining purposes.
- Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments.
Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab’s mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.