Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL) Computational Research Division has an opening for a Postdoctoral Scholar in HPC and AI Performance to join the team.
In this exciting role, you will conduct fundamental and applied research in performance optimization and performance modeling of HPC and deep learning applications running on multicore- and accelerator-based supercomputers.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze the performance and scalability of HPC and deep learning applications running on multicore- and accelerator-based supercomputers
- Implement optimizations that address the performance and scalability bottlenecks in HPC and deep learning applications running on multicore- and accelerator-based supercomputers.
- Develop and prototype performance modeling techniques that capture the key performance facets of HPC and deep learning applications running on current and future multicore-, GPU-, and AI accelerator-based supercomputers
- Publish and present research results in high-impact journals and top conferences in the areas of parallel computing, machine learning, and performance modeling.
What is Required:
- PhD degree, within the last 3 years, in Computer Science, Computational Sciences, Applied Mathematics, or a related technical field.
- In-depth knowledge of multicore or GPU-accelerated architectures.
- Proficiency in C and/or C++ programming language.
- Proficiency in one or more of the parallel libraries/languages such as MPI, OpenMP, CUDA.
- Ability to publish in top journals and conferences.
- Ability to conduct research in a highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Software engineering tools such as make and git.
- One or more of the popular scripting languages such as Python, Julia, or R
- This is a full-time 2 year postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than 3 years of paid postdoctoral experience. Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
- This position is represented by a union for collective bargaining purposes.
- Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments.
Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab’s mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.