The 2021 Lead for America Fellowship is now accepting applications.
NOTE: If you apply using the Handshake “Apply” button, we will contact you regarding next steps for the application. To be fully considered for the fellowship, all candidates must complete Lead For America’s external application on AirTable. To begin the fellowship application, follow this link.
Who We Are
A single visionary leader rooted in humility can change a community. Many working together can transform our country.
From the COVID-19 crisis to intergenerational poverty and ecological devastation, the challenges facing our communities and nation are immense. And our communities and public institutions––the very things designed to confront these challenges, give every American a chance at a better life, and care for those who can’t care for themselves––are crumbling exactly when we need them most.
Lead For America’s Fellows program builds the leadership force we need to address these challenges at scale, to change the narrative of success and worth in our country, and to ensure that every child has a chance at a better life, no matter their neighborhood or family circumstances.
The program is a paid, two-year fellowship for dynamic and diverse leaders who return to their hometown communities and home states to work full-time alongside local public institutions implementing proven strategies to improve community wellbeing.
The Lead for America (LFA) Fellow, with supervision, will be engaged in all aspects of data analysis and investigation of topics relevant to the Atlanta region and its policymakers. Recent and ongoing research has addressed issues such as regional economic development, public finance, housing, labor and health policy, and nonprofit planning and development.
This position will be within the Atlanta Regional Commission’s (ARC) Research and Analytics Group which serves as the gateway for data and dedicated to discovery and innovation that advances the national and international standing of the region by leveraging its uniqueness. And Neighborhood Nexus, housed within ARC, which uses data and research to support nonprofits and other mission-driven organizations grow their impact by helping them tell stories with data and make more informed decisions
- Collects and analyzes data to support research questions and refines the research questions and methodology as needed.
- Collects primary data with surveys, focus groups, and interviews.
- Develops datasets from national, state, and local secondary sources.
- Prepares statistical and narrative reports and/or visualization.
- Conducts research on economic and policy facets of identified needs.
- Prepares and manages engagement with the advisory committee and focus groups.
- Assists in gathering input and conducting stakeholder interviews/focus groups to understand community needs and desires to help shape interventions.
- Conducts outreach for services and interventions in targeted areas with community partners.
- Provides spatial data analysis and display for projects.
- Support development and communications of special projects and capacity-building resources.
- Presents research and findings in writing and in presentations, multimedia reports, articles, working papers, and executive summaries.
- Assists team leaders in the development or execution of Group projects; may lead others in the execution of research projects.
- Completes other technical, analytical, GIS-related, and administrative projects as needed.
- Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties assigned to support agency goals and objectives.
First Round Deadline: May 15th
Semifinalist Deadline: May 29th
Finalist Interviews: June 6th-7th
Endorsed Finalist Selection: June 14th
First Round Deadline: June 15th
Finalist Interviews: June 16th-23rd
Endorsed Finalist Selection: July 2nd
-Be a U.S. Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident.
-If in college, be on track to earn an undergraduate degree by June 2021, and if graduated, have earned an undergraduate degree in 2012 or later (this may include an associate degree).
-Be able to make a full-time commitment (the fellowship is a full-time job).
Learn More & Contact Us
To learn more about the fellowship program or LFA, please see here.
To schedule a call with an LFA Fellow, please see here.
If you do not see an email from LFA after submitting your registration in the LFA application portal, please check your spam folder.