We are looking for an experienced school nurse to join our institution.
Your primary responsibility will be to provide health services to students when they are at school. For example, you’ll treat injuries and and mild to acute sicknesses, or support students with chronic illnesses. You’ll also help with preventive care by educating students on how to avoid communicable diseases and having proper hygiene.
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate with children, their parents or guardians, and teachers. If you meet these requirements, and you also have a genuine interest in improving children’s lives, we’d like to hear from you.
- Provide basic healthcare to students in case of injury or acute illness
- Develop health plans for students with chronic illnesses and disabilities
- Educate students and staff on healthy habits, such as proper nutrition and hygiene
- Detect health problems in early stages through regular screenings
- Keep track of students’ vaccination records
- Update students’ medical history
- Ensure school environment is safe for children and school staff (e.g. prevention of communicable diseases)
- Write referrals for pediatricians and other health specialists
- Ensure compliance with national and local health laws