Learning Ally Partnerships Intern
$500.00 Paid to Intern for successful completion of the assignment
Learning Ally is a leading nonprofit education solutions organization that transforms the lives of struggling learners by delivering proven literacy solutions that help students reach their potential. Its mission is to radically change education, transforming the lives of children by providing reading interventions and solutions to help them succeed academically, build self-confidence, and thrive in school and beyond.
65% of fourth graders read below proficiency and are 400% more likely to drop-out of high school. And, for “most at risk” students (students of color, low income, English Language Learners and students with learning disabilities) the problem is even more acute.
Learning Ally seeks to break this cycle. With early student assessment, intervention and accommodation and professional development for educators, Learning Ally can identify and prevent learning issues by working with schools and educators to support new and struggling readers. Its solutions build a strong foundation for independent, engaged learners who are empowered to achieve socially, emotionally, and academically, regardless of background or learning difference.
Founded in 1948 as Recording for the Blind, to help soldiers who lost their sight in combat continue their education with audiobook products, Learning Ally has evolved to help individuals understand the unique ways they learn and match them to the solutions that enable personal achievement.
Today, Learning Ally reaches over 1,000,000 students, 100,000 educators and 18,500 schools across the country and continues to expand its reach. With a continued commitment to supporting students who learn differently, Learning Ally has joined researchers and neuroscientists from renowned institutions including UCSF and MIT, to better understand and address learning issues.
Learning Ally Partnerships Intern
Department: Strategic Partnerships
Location: Remote or Princeton, NJ
Reports to: Chief of Growth and Strategic Partnerships
Reporting directly to the Chief of Growth and Strategic Partnerships, the Partnerships Intern is critical to the growth of Learning Ally and our mission to solve the literacy problem. This position is a unique opportunity to be a part of an innovative and rapidly growing organization that is transforming the educational experience for striving readers and their educators. The Strategic Partnerships team cultivates relationships with companies, foundations, research institutions, and over 1,000 volunteers through our Volunteer Nation to drive organizational revenue and impact. In FY21, we are responsible for engaging volunteers to produce over 1,200 titles, reaching a $1.5M revenue goal, and building a $10M Investment Fund to grow the impact of Learning Ally. We’re excited to help you hone the skills you already have and build new ones as you grow as a young professional.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching and following corporations, foundations, other partners, and individuals of interest via Google Alerts and social media to surface news and engagement opportunities.
- Writing prospecting emails and other pitch materials.
- Developing and executing project plans internally and externally to ensure we’re on track to our goals.
- Providing administrative support including internal tracking, management of the shared team calendar for deadlines, creating and processing gift acknowledgment letters, and liaising with our Finance team.
- Collaborating across the team to share best practices and inform the systems and processes that will influence the future of Learning Ally.
Who You Are:
- Mission-Driven. You’re passionate about education and care deeply about solving the literacy problem in our Country.
- An outstanding project manager. You can break complex projects down into small pieces, and stay on top of all the moving parts, whether executing the work or collaborating with other colleagues on the team to get it done.
- Concise and persuasive writer and communicator. You understand our business inside and out and can communicate our reach and impact.
- Detail-oriented and organized. You sweat the small things, always triple check your work, and are two steps ahead of your colleagues.
- Results-oriented and data-driven. You set goals and strive to exceed them by setting, communicating, measuring short- and long-term goals. You’re able to independently analyze your progress to solve for roadblocks and get input from your team.
- Tech-savvy. You have a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools, maximizing Microsoft office and Gsuite.
- A lifelong learner. You believe in continuous improvement and are committed to growing professionally.
- A high-capacity do-er and team player. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, all-hands-on-deck work environment, with aggressive growth plans.