$500.00 Paid to Intern upon completion of the assignment
Learning Ally is a leading nonprofit education solutions organization that transforms the lives of struggling learners by delivering proven literacy solutions that help students reach their potential. Its mission is to radically change education, transforming the lives of children by providing reading interventions and solutions to help them succeed academically, build self-confidence, and thrive in school and beyond.
65% of fourth graders read below proficiency and are 400% more likely to drop-out of high school. And, for “most at risk” students (students of color, low income, English Language Learners and students with learning disabilities) the problem is even more acute.
Learning Ally seeks to break this cycle. With early student assessment, intervention and accommodation and professional development for educators, Learning Ally can identify and prevent learning issues by working with schools and educators to support new and struggling readers. Its solutions build a strong foundation for independent, engaged learners who are empowered to achieve socially, emotionally, and academically, regardless of background or learning difference.
Founded in 1948 as Recording for the Blind, to help soldiers who lost their sight in combat continue their education with audiobook products, Learning Ally has evolved to help individuals understand the unique ways they learn and match them to the solutions that enable personal achievement.
We’re looking for a marketing intern to join our team. If you’re passionate about marketing and are eager to dive in to get hands-on experience at a mission-driven ed-tech organization, this is the role for you!
This role will work hand-in-hand with our marketing managers to bring our marketing programs to life. The internship is a perfect opportunity to get hands-on experience and learn a lot about marketing functions and processes.
1) Learn about and support the development and management of the digital advertising programs for 2022. Help collaborate with media companies, creative designers, and internal campaign managers to build and execute Learning Ally back- to–school media campaigns.
2) Support and help project manage the implementation of new branding across the Learning Ally organization. Coordinate changes across collateral and the website to bring our new look and feel to life.
3) Learn how to use the analytics platforms and provide reporting and insights on our premier virtual training event, Spotlight on Dyslexia. Understand how different messaging resonate with different audiences and make recommendations for immediate improvements of email campaigns.
4) Stay on top of news related to Professional Learning and literacy best practices to inform our marketing strategy and efforts.
5) Learn how to update our website as we continue to grow our business.
6) With oversight, create social media content and post to our various social accounts, as coordinated with our overarching social media strategy.
7) With oversight, compose member newsletters for our consumer business.
•Marketing Major who has a passion for digital advertising and communications.
• Strong written and oral communication skills essential. Hyper-organized, detail-oriented, and collaborative.
• Comfortable with digital media channels, previous experience managing creative projects with an external-facing vendor, through volunteering, or an internship is a plus.
• Experience using database and project management software – Airtable and Asana a plus
• Basic website programming experience, preferable.
• Marketing or Communications majors preferred