Product Management Intern
$500.00 Paid to Intern upon successful completion of the assignment
Learning Ally is a leading nonprofit education solutions organization that transforms the lives of struggling learners by delivering proven literacy solutions that help students reach their potential. Its mission is to radically change education, transforming the lives of children by providing reading interventions and solutions to help them succeed academically, build self-confidence, and thrive in school and beyond.
65% of fourth graders read below proficiency and are 400% more likely to drop-out of high school. And, for “most at risk” students (students of color, low income, English Language Learners and students with learning disabilities) the problem is even more acute.
Learning Ally seeks to break this cycle. With early student assessment, intervention and accommodation and professional development for educators, Learning Ally can identify and prevent learning issues by working with schools and educators to support new and struggling readers. Its solutions build a strong foundation for independent, engaged learners who are empowered to achieve socially, emotionally, and academically, regardless of background or learning difference.
Founded in 1948 as Recording for the Blind, to help soldiers who lost their sight in combat continue their education with audiobook products, Learning Ally has evolved to help individuals understand the unique ways they learn and match them to the solutions that enable personal achievement.
You are eager to learn and work with people who are passionate about education and improving student outcomes. You have a curiosity and/or interest in product management. You are goal oriented, take pride in achieving your goals, value self-improvement and improving the lives of others. You are able to work independently, find enjoyment in research, and are comfortable with trying, failing, and learning. You thrive being in a supportive environment that will provide you opportunities to be heard, develop, and improve.
Business major with a strong interest in Product Management or Product Marketing
Education major with a love of children’s literature and teaching reading
What You Will Do:
● Work with the Solutions Product Manager to Evaluate Learning Ally’s audiobook app, Learning Ally Audiobooks, complete a competitive analysis for the app-store landing pages, complete research/analysis for app store optimization, and plan and present recommendations for optimization of the Learning Ally Audiobook app in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
● Research children’s literature and educational websites for best practices and recommendation on creating collections/categories of children’s literature
● Partner with User Research and Design to conduct teacher and student research so that Learning Ally can leverage educator feedback to help engage struggling readers
What You Will Gain:
● Hands-on product management experience focusing on growth and optimization to help reach more students
● Effective communication skills that will impact your ability to provide feedback, share your ideas, and build workplace relationships
● Confidence to think independently, act creatively, and suggest solutions
● Experience of contributing to real life solutions to an educational technology organization’s challenges