Professional Learning – Intern
$500.00 Paid to Intern upon successful completion of the assignment
Learning Ally is a leading nonprofit education solutions organization that transforms the lives of struggling learners by delivering proven literacy solutions that help students reach their potential. Its mission is to radically change education, transforming the lives of children by providing reading interventions and solutions to help them succeed academically, build self-confidence, and thrive in school and beyond.
65% of fourth graders read below proficiency and are 400% more likely to drop-out of high school. And, for “most at risk” students (students of color, low income, English Language Learners and students with learning disabilities) the problem is even more acute.
Learning Ally seeks to break this cycle. With early student assessment, intervention and accommodation and professional development for educators, Learning Ally can identify and prevent learning issues by working with schools and educators to support new and struggling readers. Its solutions build a strong foundation for independent, engaged learners who are empowered to achieve socially, emotionally, and academically, regardless of background or learning difference.
Founded in 1948 as Recording for the Blind, to help soldiers who lost their sight in combat continue their education with audiobook products, Learning Ally has evolved to help individuals understand the unique ways they learn and match them to the solutions that enable personal achievement.
The Professional Learning team is small but mighty. We are scrappy, which means that we help each other to get work done. We are strategic, creative thinkers with a bias towards action. The Professional Learning unit covers three primary areas: courses for educators, an online Community for educators, and virtual conferences for educators. You should be willing to jump right in, be a self-starter, a team player, and a big thinker. You should also be able to:
● Creatively solve problems
● Carry multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
● Edit image and video at a basic level using software
● Communicate professionally with ease in both writing and presentation
● Research and analyze information, with a knack for data analysis and presentation of research findings
Business major with Interest in or experience with digital marketing or product marketing
What You Will Do:
○ Help educate both internal and external stakeholders about our conferences, product features and their benefits
○ Create product content (e.g. sales enablement documentation, case studies, product videos, website copy, blog posts) to articulate the benefits of our products to the world.
○ Work in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires work across functions and departments to develop and execute on creative ideas for promotional events and campaigns.
○ Craft strategic recommendations based on desktop research to better understand the market/competitive landscape to help the Professional Learning unit maintain a competitive advantage.
○ Conduct desktop research and synthesize findings into thoughtful presentations about a range of topics related to education
○ Assist in the management of the Learning Ally Educator Community, which includes connecting with members, encouraging conversation, developing programs, writing and posting content.
○ Analyze Community data and develop/execute plans to grow the Community and drive engagement/retention.
○ Ensure that customer-facing materials are in the correct templates and that materials are optimized for graphic design elements.
○ Help revise course content to ensure customer satisfaction.
○ Assist with marketing, strategy and execution activities for an annual conference that attracted over 9,000 registrants in 2020. This will include working with sales, marketing, operations, and product to do everything from support targeted sales efforts to making sure that the social media is on point.
○ You will also support efforts to prepare for the Fall conference.
What You Will Gain:
● Hands-on product management and product marketing experience: you’ll feel more comfortable being a “jack of all trades” because you’ll be exposed to a lot of different elements of the Professional Learning business unit.
● Improved communication skills that will impact your ability to provide feedback, share your ideas, and build workplace relationships.
● Increased confidence to think independently, craft strategy, act creatively, and manage execution.
● Hands-on experience within an education technology company that is positioned for rapid growth.