Legend Biotech is seeking Data Procurement and Integration Contractor as part of the Early Drug Development team based remotely. This position is for around 20 hours per week.
From the very beginning, we’ve been focused on the science. We came together as a team of experts, committed to quality, driven by excellence, and dedicated to experimentation. Though we faced many challenges, we remained fearless in our research and rigorous in our thinking, pushing ourselves to work harder. But what impacted us the most was the enormous burden patients’ bear and the difficulties they face, which drove us to think about what’s next.
We believe it’s time to accelerate and expand that transformation. At Legend Biotech, we are excited to bring clinical trials to patients in our pursuit of a cure. While we are focused on CAR-T in multiple myeloma, we firmly believe the prospects of cellular therapy stretch beyond just one disease or indication. The spark of hope is lit. At Legend Biotech, we’re using that hope to ignite the future of CAR-T cell therapy.
Legend Biotech USA Inc. and Janssen Biotech, Inc., one of the pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson, have entered into a global, strategic collaboration to develop, manufacture, and commercialize a chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy. This innovative strategic partnership is designed to combine the strengths and expertise of two companies to advance the promise of an immunotherapy CAR T platform and investigational treatment.
To expand our understanding of T cell biology, which are relevant to our CAR-T cell platform, we need consolidate T cell related dataset, particularly T cell datasets from both peripheral and tumor micro-environment, also with special focus on anti-PD1 or anti-PDL1 treatment scenario, for MANA targeting T cell transcription profile, dynamics and clonal change over treatment course. This position will report to Director of Translational Science.
- Identify relevant public datasets
- Procure relevant datasets from public domain or privately hosted server
- Data cleaning up and integration
- Data analysis
- Data consolidation across multiple datasets
- Support large dataset display based on biological and sample information
- At least undergraduate degree (Sophomore/Senior) with good biological and computer science skill set, ability to, upon request, procure relevant public genomic data and provide data integration and analysis service.
- Working knowledge of NGS data, particularly scRNAseq data, using either Python or R, we prefer advanced skillset with R.
- Deep understanding of biological context of NGS data was generated
- Advanced computer skill to be able to efficiently identify and procure public genomic data
- Ability to integrate genomic data, clean sample information and gene annotation together into a single R object
- Ability to provide basic data analysis over the data using the most up to date data analysis technology
- Ability to integrate data from multiple relevant datasets
- Support biological overall interpretation of the datasets collected by building bridging techniques for different datasets