Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology for all, so we spend our time building a society that’s brighter and more inclusive. And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re a US$60 billion revenue Fortune Global 500 company serving customers in 180 markets around the world. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that power (through devices and infrastructure) and empower (through solutions, services and software) millions of customers every day and together create a more inclusive, trustworthy and sustainable digital society for everyone, everywhere.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you…
Description and Requirements
* You develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes
* You investigate problem areas and follow the software development lifecycle
* You will participate the development of our native Android mobile apps as well as providing strategic and foundational input to our code base, development workflow, and technology platforms. You will work alongside our iOS, web, and backend developers to create a seamless experience across operating systems.
* You improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures
* You provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
* You collaborate cross-functionally with project manager, designer, QA, business users
and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
* You have a basic understanding of software development and programming in a language such as Java or Python.
* You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
* You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with developers and business users of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
* You have some awareness of knowledge representation and reasoning.
- Entry-level experience in a language such as C, C#, Python, Java, or Rust
- Experience with mobile application is a plus
- Entry-level experience with Linux/UNIX Operating Systems
- Demonstrable coding skills
- Experience with large-scale online eCommerce application is a plus
- Ability to read and review other developer’s code
- Skilled in the ability to clearly communicate in both written and oral forms
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering practices including Agile processes
- Currently enrolled and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or similar
- GPA: 3.6 or above
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.