Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology for all, so we spend our time building a society that’s brighter and more inclusive. And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re a US$60 billion revenue Fortune Global 500 company serving customers in 180 markets around the world. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that power (through devices and infrastructure) and empower (through solutions, services and software) millions of customers every day and together create a more inclusive, trustworthy and sustainable digital society for everyone, everywhere.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you…
Description and Requirements
Overview: The Copywriter will help plan, create, and organize creative and copy for Motorola’s global facets in web, social, and CRM activities in a fast paced, matrix environment. The Copywriter reports to the Global Digital Content Manager and will work closely with project managers, cross-functional stakeholders, content developers, publishers, PR, legal, brand, and other stakeholders to ensure that all content is brand appropriate, aligned with global direction, and approved by the necessary stakeholders. The ideal candidate can demonstrate proven success in the responsibilities and specific knowledge/skills listed in this job description.
Scope of Responsibilities:
● Identify content needs and recommend solutions to support day-to-day publishing priorities, such as product launches, promotions, etc., as well as larger projects.
● Help manage the web editorial calendar, incorporating promotions, product announcements, PR events, sales goals, and customer needs. Plan and help develop content to support the calendar.
● Ensure the right words and content appear at the right time in the user experience, accounting for demographics, buyer personas, and other factors.
● Write copy for the website so it’s appropriate for user needs, from marketing to UI copy. (This could include writing for the homepage, product pages, promotions, or shopping cart.)
● Work closely with internal teams and partner agencies to obtain web assets to meet deadlines for product launches, promotions and other activities.
● Ensure Motorola brand voice and tone guidelines are applied and consistent across content localization process.
- Pursing a Bachelor’s degree or higher with a major in Journalism, English, Communications, Creative Writing or similar
- Junior-level student or higher
- Preferred Skills: Strong knowledge of AP style
- A good eye for editing and proofreading quickly
- Some knowledge of the tech/smartphone world
- Ability to think and work independently after being briefed on a project
- Fluent in Google Suite & Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of Project Management tools like Monday.com or Trello
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.