Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology for all, so we spend our time building a society that’s brighter and more inclusive.
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a Fortune 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re in 180 countries, working with 63,000 brilliant colleagues and counting. And we’re known for the world’s most complete portfolio of smart technology, from devices to software to infrastructure.
With our ingenuity, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you…
Description and Requirements
Motorola Mobility, A Lenovo Company, is one of the world’s fastest-growing smartphone providers, creating groundbreaking, affordable, high-quality products designed and built with the global customer in mind. And it’s our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, risk-takers, and problem-solvers, working together to constantly challenge the status quo. If you share our commitment to ingenuity, creativity, and innovation we want you to help us define our world of tomorrow.
Motorola is looking for Finance interns to bring new ideas and solutions to help drive our business. The internship is based in the iconic Merchandise Mart in downtown Chicago with close accessibility to all the city has to offer! As a Finance Intern at Motorola, you will be an integral part of one of three core Finance Teams: Financial Planning & Analysis, Go-To-Market, or Business Unit Finance. Each team is critical to the company’s strategic direction and will provide support to various organizations as we launch our upcoming innovative Smartphones. The internship program offers the opportunity to provide exposure and collaboration with each of the 3 Finance Teams and their key business partners.
Scope of Responsibilities:
1. Financial Planning and Analysis
- Analyze financial performance and projections to provide insight to business and CFO
- Collaborate with global teams to understand various processes and market segments
- Provide various teams including Marketing, HR, IT, and Real Estate with information and analysis needed to stay within target budgets
- Support the Sales and Marketing teams to bring current products to market
- Analyze ROI for marketing campaigns and promotions at each customer
- Assist in sales forecasting processes including bridging actual to expectations
3. Business Unit
- Work with the Product Development team to determine the success of future products
- Assist in analysis for Research & Development team to help prioritize future products and specs
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain team to analyze product costs and identify opportunities for cost reduction
– Candidates pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
– GPA of 3.0 or above
– Excellent communications skills
– Strong analytical skills
– Team player
– Leadership skills
– Positive attitude
– Intermediate or Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
– Basic knowledge of or interest in the wireless/Smartphone industry
Some of the benefits of interning at Lenovo include competitive compensation, enrichment and development programs, and access to a global network of peers and mentors.
Aren’t ready to apply or have additional questions? Feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn or reach out to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.
To learn more about our university programs and register to attend an upcoming information session or event, please visit: https://ripplematch.com/company/lenovo/