Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology for all, so we spend our time building a society that’s brighter and more inclusive.
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a Fortune Global 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re in 180 markets, working with 63,000 brilliant colleagues and counting. And we’re known for the world’s most complete portfolio of smart technology, from devices to software to infrastructure.
With our ingenuity, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you…
Description and Requirements
At Lenovo, we are a community of innovative thinkers, risk-takers, and people who challenge the status quo. We are one of Interbrand’s 100 BEST global brands, BCG’s 50 most innovative companies, and #212 in the Fortune 500 list. We are looking for passionate and driven students who are willing to learn and want to make an impact in a fast-paced global technology environment. Help us define our world of tomorrow.
This Internship is with a Hardware Development Team in the Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG), based in Morrisville, North Carolina. This team is responsible for the development of new x86 Server designs from concept to launch and sustainment. Opportunities on the team also include the development and early validation of innovative proof-of-concept server designs and component usage that highlights future technology and use cases. The candidate will be encouraged and challenged to grow and learn new technologies as well as gain experience in real-time on x86 server designs. The engineer will be part of a development team that is highly motivated to engage, understand and solve the technical challenges each day.
- Pursing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Must be a sophomore or higher
- Must have a 3.5+ GPA
- An interest in Server design and validation.
- An interest in Electrical Design, i.e. Schematics, Layout, Electrical Analysis, Signal Integrity.
- An interest in Intel x86 server subsystems including CPU/memory/PCIe and RAID/Networking technologies. Any previous experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Linux/Windows Operating systems. Experience with OS virtualization is a plus.
- Proficiency in shell scripting (BASH/Perl/Python and Windows Power Shell).
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with fluency in English.
- Ability to work in a team environment and passionate about learning new technologies and skills.
Some of the benefits of interning at Lenovo include competitive compensation, enrichment and development programs, and access to a global network of peers and mentors.
Aren’t ready to apply or have additional questions? Feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.
To learn more about our university programs and register to attend an upcoming information session or event, please visit: https://ripplematch.com/company/lenovo/