Children’s Community Services Therapist – Cortland
Liberty Resources is a dynamic and growing human services agency that is a great place to work!
Now offering a $500 sign on bonus!
We are currently seeking therapists to provide community based services to our community. Liberty Resources supports and helps children, youth, and their families improve their health and well-being through community-based mental health and substance-use services. These services support families by providing them with the tools to support overall mental wellness and to make informed decisions about their care.
Our employees have passion around the services they provide and our corporate values of excellence and staff support. We pride ourselves on high quality, integrated, community-based services that meet the evolving needs of our communities. We’re committed to building a diverse workforce that values contributions of all team members and work to recognize cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and how they apply to provision of positive health outcomes.
The OLP Therapist is primarily responsible for providing direct therapeutic and supportive services to children and families receiving Medicaid in Onondaga and Cortland Counties. The Therapist will also provide assessment/evaluation services to Medicaid families seeking access to CFTSS services. The Therapist will operate on a fee for service model and have the flexibility to build their caseload and schedule as they see fit.
- Conducts licensed evaluation (assessment) for CFTSS including gathering data from parents, children and other relevant sources.
- Develops treatment plans for children for access to CFTSS as appropriate.
- Generates a recommendation outlining medical necessity for CFTSS as appropriate.
- Provides psychotherapy (counseling) to children and families in a home-based setting in addition to telehealth services.
- Provides crisis intervention activities as needed.
- Maintains and updates individual client case records utilizing the EVOLV computer system.
Must meet the NYS Medicaid qualifications for a non-physician licensed behavioral health practitioner (NP-LBHP). This includes: Licensed Psychoanalysts, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists, Licensed Mental Health Counselors, and Licensed Masters Social Workers under the supervision of LCSW, licensed Psychologists or Psychiatrists. Experience providing home-based counseling to children and families and completing assessment and treatment planning preferred. Must have a valid New York State driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- A Collaborative and Supportive Team Atmosphere
- Access to Quality Clinical Supervision
- Opportunities to Enhance Clinical Growth and Advancement
- Competitive Compensation and Paid Time Off package
- Family Friendly Workplace
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan
- Continuing Education Opportunities Offered
Liberty Resources is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Liberty Resources offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.