Children’s Community Services Youth Specialist
Liberty Resources is a dynamic and growing human services agency that is a great place to work!
We are currently seeking youth specialists provide community based services to our community. Liberty Resources supports and helps children, youth, and their families improve their health and well-being through community-based mental health and substance-use services. These services support families by providing them with the tools to support overall mental wellness and to make informed decisions about their care.
Our employees have passion around the services they provide and our corporate values of excellence and staff support. We pride ourselves on high quality, integrated, community-based services that meet the evolving needs of our communities. We’re committed to building a diverse workforce that values contributions of all team members and work to recognize cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and how they apply to provision of positive health outcomes.
Liberty Resources is currently seeking Child and Family Treatment and Support Services (CFTSS) Youth Specialists for Onondaga County. The Youth Specialist is primarily responsible for providing direct services to children in accordance with the NYS Medicaid guidelines for Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR) which is designed to restore, rehabilitate, and support a child’s/youth’s developmentally appropriate functioning. The Youth Specialist will operate on a fee for service model and have the flexibility to build their caseload and schedule as they see fit to meet a per diem or full time caseload based on their needs.
- Implements specific treatment goals through the use of individual and group modalities.
- Provides activities intended to achieve the identified goals or objectives as set forth in the child/youth’s individualized treatment plan.
- Maintains and updates individual case records and accurately documents services provided.
- Promotes personal independence and autonomy by developing and strengthening the individual’s independent community living skills and supports community integration in the domains of employment, housing, and education.
- Must be 18 years old and have a HS diploma plus a minimum of three years of experience in children’s mental health, addiction and/or foster care OR have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work, psychology or related human services field.
- Demonstrates competency in behavior management techniques for children.
- Delivers services in a trauma informed, culturally and linguistically competent manner
- Must be able to work independently; and to be able to observe, instruct, and supervise youth in activities of daily living in a variety of settings.
- Must have a valid New York State driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- A Collaborative and Supportive Team Atmosphere
- Access to Quality Clinical Supervision
- Opportunities to Enhance Clinical Growth and Advancement
- Competitive Compensation and Paid Time Off package
- Family Friendly Workplace
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan
- Continuing Education Opportunities Offered
Liberty Resources is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Liberty Resources offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.