Kinship Youth Specialist – Per Diem
Liberty Resources is a dynamic and growing human services agency that is a great place to work!
We provide clinical, skill-building, independent-living, foster-care, and case-management services for children who are at risk—so that they can get the level of care and support they deserve. Our Kinship Care program is designed to provide additional therapeutic and case management supports for nonparent caregivers of children who are related by blood or a prior relationship.
Our employees have passion around the services they provide and our corporate values of excellence and staff support. We pride ourselves on high quality, integrated, community-based services that meet the evolving needs of our communities. We’re committed to building a diverse workforce that values contributions of all team members and work to recognize cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and how they apply to provision of positive health outcomes.
The Youth Specialist is primarily responsible for providing direct services to children. The Youth Specialist also provides support and guidance to kinship in order to enhance the success of the placement. This position will work throughout Onondaga and Oswego counties.
- Participates in development and implementation of treatment plans for children.
- Implements specific treatment goals, by the use of educational, recreational, and Independent Living modalities
- Support the kinship by providing respite, information and guidance, as needed
- Maintains and updates individual case records and kinship records and accurately documents services provided
- Provides a positive role model for clients and works to expand and integrate clients into the community setting
- Provides door to door transportation as required. Ensures safety and welfare of passengers during loading, unloading and transit. Makes use of personal vehicle for program transportation as required
- Bachelors/Associates or HS diploma with one (1) year related experience in child welfare or related setting, and demonstrated competency in behavior management techniques for foster children is preferred
- Must have a valid New York State driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- A Collaborative and Supportive Team Atmosphere
- Access to Quality Clinical Supervision
- Opportunities to Enhance Clinical Growth and Advancement
- Competitive Compensation and Paid Time Off package
- Family Friendly Workplace
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan
- Continuing Education Opportunities Offered
Liberty Resources is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Liberty Resources offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.