Liberty Resources, headquartered in Syracuse, NY, is one of CNY’s most diversified and trusted human service agencies. Aurora of CNY, an affiliate of Liberty Resources, is seeking a blind person for a Per Diem Switchboard Operator position in the Syracuse VA Medical Center. The vital mission of Aurora of CNY is to promote independence, opportunity and full-access for individuals of all ages with vision or hearing loss.
Our employees have passion around the services they provide and our corporate values of excellence and staff support. We pride ourselves on high quality, integrated, community-based services that meet the evolving needs of our communities. We’re committed to building a diverse workforce that values contributions of all team members and work to recognize cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and how they apply to provision of positive health outcomes.
The Switchboard Operator will be familiar with the operations of a computer switchboard console and achieve a smooth operation of the Switchboard Unit in an orderly and effective manner while answering and connecting incoming telephone calls to appropriate office/extensions with minimal delay.
1. Communicate effectively with the customers and staff of the VA Medical Center.
2. Possess a thorough knowledge of policies and procedures related to the processing of toll
calls and keep appropriate records for verification of telephone bills.
3. Assist staff in the processing of work-related long distance calls, FTS calls and toll free calls by providing verbal instruction on the use of the telephone system features/capabilities.
4. Maintain a locator file for employees. Regular changes are made to this file reflecting the rotating physicians and/or Medical Center staffing changes.
5. Handle emergency situations (i.e. fire, Code “A”, disaster-related emergencies) according to established policies and procedures.
High School Diploma required. Previous switchboard operations experience preferred. Excellent communication and customer service skills needed. Basic knowledge of Medical Center Computer System preferred. Ability to maintain a calm and effective manner during emergency situations is required.
Aurora of CNY cares about your safety. We are following all CDC guidelines to ensure safety for clients, families and employees.