At Lilu, we build technology to empower new moms. We’re currently working on an exciting project funded by the National Science Foundation that aims at building a start of the art, smart wearable device for new moms. Learn more about us here: www.wearlilu.com
We’re looking for a highly-motivated engineering intern who can work at our office in New York and help us in the development and testing of our new product. If you’re passionate about tech and/or women’s health, this is the perfect opportunity to get hands-on experience with a growing startup that’s making a splash in the smart wearable, women’s health space.
This internship is in-person only (in Upper East Side, New York city) and cannot be done remotely. You must be able to commit to 3-5 hours per week.
- Work closely with Lilu’s founders to assist with the design and development of our next generation smart wearable product.
- Plan and develop test protocols and build test setup for the product.
- Execute test protocols.
- Develop scripts to automate data collection and analysis from tests.
- Troubleshoot any errors and streamlining the testing procedures.
- Documentation for specifications and test results reporting.
- Act as a project team member who is responsible for firmware and testing during project meetings both internally and with contractors.
Ideally, you have:
- Are pursuing a Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience with Python (especially math libraries).
- Experience with Arduino and/or any other prototyping platform.
- Experience with wireless modules (BLE).
- Desire and ability to learn new tools, languages and design techniques.
Additionally, experience with and/or a passion for the following will be preferred: Women’s health Startups
*Any experience with PCB design, pressure sensors, piezo sensors, fabric sensors is a plus.
Our office is located at The Rockefeller University in New York, NY. If you’re interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a short blurb about you, including any relevant experience.