Lennar Multifamily Communities (LMC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Lennar (NYSE:LEN), is a multifamily real estate development and operating company with a diverse portfolio of institutional quality multifamily rental communities across the US. Between our completed developments and pipeline, LMC controls nearly 100 communities across the US that exceeds 31,000 homes and $12 Billion in development costs and consists of high-rise, mid-rise and garden apartments.
Summary of Position:
Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in managing the subcontractors and suppliers on a project site. Monitors activities at construction sites. Works to ensure construction progresses as scheduled and contract specifications are adhered to. Inspects construction site daily and works with contractors to schedule deliveries. Has knowledge of commonly-used construction management concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes how to manage a project.
- Reviews construction documents for problems and conflicts.
- Updates and monitors all construction documents with changes.
- Inspects and thoroughly walks site looking for unsafe practices, unauthorized personnel, product deficiencies or improper construction methods and reports all unsafe work practices to supervisor.
- Inspect all foundations prior to concrete placement, verifies dimensions, cleans beam bottoms, checks cable chairs, verifies proper cable clearance and coverage, etc.
- Ensures work progress of subcontractors and that reports are accurately completed. Submits daily reports and weekly safety meeting minutes.
- Accepts deliveries, verifies quantities, and notes any discrepancies.
- Develops, organizes, and tracks office documents assigned by Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Helps create, distribute and manage punch list to all rough trades (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, phone, TV, fire and framing).
- Prepares and submits daily man count reports that document the number of workers on the construction site in the morning and afternoon.
- Checks all rough trade work and walk truss inspections with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Complies with all Company safety policies.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related study is required.
- At least 1 year of experience in construction is preferred; preferably multi-family construction.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Knowledge of PC and construction and business software including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Excellent computer skills — Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Internet.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to proof your own work and the work of others.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver’s license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
· Some of our projects or locations might require specialized job knowledge or experience.
This is a position which requires the Field Engineer to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around construction sites, apartment homes, models and properties. Must maintain professional appearance and be able to work in a construction environment in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet), around hazardous chemicals, dust, dirt, and other particulates. Must also have the ability to operate an automobile, read large quantities of information, operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry up to 50 lbs. independently. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact will with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.