Parks, Recreation and Community Services is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to catching excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
Loudoun County’s Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services is currently seeking qualified applicants for regular part-time and substitute preschool teachers. Positions are available at various community center locations throughout Loudoun County. Duties include planning, implementing and supervising a licensed preschool program for children ages 2-5. Position is responsible for preparing curriculum and weekly lesson plans, and teaching/directing activities with assistance of an Aide.
- The work schedule is Monday-Friday, but work hours vary depending on location
- Substitute positions are also available and allow for a more flexible work schedule
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation or related field
- Virginia State Licensing requires 6 months experience supervising children during recreational or educational activities
- Must obtain certification in CPR and First Aid within 30 days of hire
- Must have current TB test certification with negative result
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Must be physically able to keep up with young children
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- One year programmatic experience including previous supervisory experience is strongly preferred
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidate will undergo criminal background, Child Protective Services (CPS), and DMV record checks.