Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
PRCS is looking for individuals who have good communication skills and are self-motivated to work as part-time Summer Camp Instructors at various outdoor park locations throughout the county. In striving to be the best and maintaining our strong reputation for providing summer fun, we need the best people working for the residents of Loudoun County. Become a part of our Summer Camp experience!
Summer Camp Instructor positions are primarily located at:
- Claude Moore Park, Sterling, VA
- Franklin Park, Purcellville, VA
- May include parks in Leesburg, VA
As a Summer Camp Instructor you will:
- Ensure the safety and supervision of participants in age ranges anywhere from 4-14 years old
- Plan, organize and facilitate fun and enriching camp activities in environmental education, sports, historical programs, archery, fishing, STEM and hiking
- Set up, maintain and clean up, activities and designated camp program area
- Communicate courteously to both participants and their parents/guardians at all times
The successful candidate will:
- Work Monday-Friday Shifts between 7:00 am-5:00 pm (hours vary depending on camp sessions)
- Be committed to camp most weeks from June-August 2021
- Understand that salary is based on multiple factors including class skill level and market demand
- Include all experience working with and/or supervising children on your application and any experience working with inclusion or individuals with differing abilities
You will benefit from:
- Fun and rewarding work, working with kids and nature!
- Training and skill development, using your talents and learning new ones!
- Build teamwork and leadership skills!
- Experience working with youth in structured environment
- Must be able to work outside while keeping up with the fast-paced nature of camp
- Perform moderate physical activity to include lifting
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Successful candidates will undergo criminal background checks; and credit checks as applicable
- Have or become CPR/First Aid certified within 90 days of hire