Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Loudoun County’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services is seeking applicants for part-time Summer Camp Leaders. Are you interested in a summer job with flexible hours? Do you enjoy the rewards of working with and nurturing youth? Would you like to be part of an award winning summer program? Then join the department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services and become part of our Summer Camp experience. Your experience with PRCS summer camps will give you the opportunity to be a role model, enrich the lives of the children in your care, and spend your summer having fun with kids. As a Summer Camp Leader you will assist with the organization and supervision of age appropriate recreational activities.
Additional job duties include:
- Attending weekly field trips and/or pool trips
- Assisting with indoor and outdoor games
- Participating in arts, crafts, cooking and science projects
- Various other fun activities
Positions are available June 2021 through August 2021. Work days are Monday – Friday with flexible hours that will fall between 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Locations will vary, but will be located at Community Centers, Recreation Centers and schools throughout Loudoun County.
Summer Camp Leaders are need for the following programs:
- Summer Daze Camps for children in grades K-5
- Summer Fest Camps for middle school age
- Trip Camp programs for youth in grades 1-8
- Adaptive Recreation camp program working with school aged individuals with disabilities
- Camp programs located in Community Centers
Please include all applicable experience working with and/or supervising children on your application and all applicable experience working with inclusion or children with disabilities.
Applicants that have completed the 10th grade may be considered for a lower grade level position until the completion of high school. Virginia state licensing requires candidates to be at least 16 years of age. Completion of 11th grade strongly preferred. **To exclusively work with special needs population, please see our ad for Summer Camp Leader – Adaptive Recreation.**
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a High School diploma
- Virginia state licensing requires applicants to be 18 years of age and have six months of supervised programmatic experience
- Certification in First Aide, CPR for adult, infant and child and negative TB test result required prior to beginning work
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Successful candidates will undergo fingerprinting background check
- Have or become CPR/First Aid certified within 90 days of hire