Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Loudoun County’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services is seeking applicants for part-time Summer Camp Supervisors. Are you interested in a summer job with flexible hours? Do you enjoy the rewards of working with and nurturing youth? Would you like to be part of an award winning summer program? Then join the department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services and become part of our Summer Camp experience. As a Summer Camp Supervisor you will employ your unique skills to do important and meaningful work. Your experience with PRCS summer camps will give you the opportunity to be a role model, enrich the lives of the children in your care, and spend your summer having fun.
Additional job duties include:
- Attend weekly field trips and/or pool trips
- Supervise and coordinate indoor and outdoor games
- Organize and participate in arts, crafts, cooking and science projects
- Various other fun activities with kids
Positions are available June 2021 through August 2021. Work days are Monday – Friday with flexible hours that will fall between 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Locations will vary, but will be located at Community Centers, Recreation Centers and schools throughout Loudoun County.
Summer Camp Supervisors are need for the following programs:
- Summer Daze Camps for children in grades K-5
- Summer Fest Camps for middle school age
- Trip Camp programs for youth in grades 1-8
- Adaptive Recreation camp program working with school aged individuals with disabilities
- Camp programs located in Community Centers
Please include all applicable experience working with and/or supervising children on your application and all applicable experience working with inclusion or children with disabilities.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation or related field from an accredited college or university
- One year programmatic experience with children required
- Certification in First Aid, CPR for adult, infant and child and negative TB test result required prior to beginning work
- Virginia State licensing requires additional experience supervising children during recreational or educational activities and must be at least 21 years of age
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Successful candidates will undergo fingerprinting background check
- Provide results of a negative TB test
- Have or become CPR/First Aid certified within 90 days of hire