Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen is seeking early-career or second-career self-starters who are self-motivated with high technical aptitude and an interest in a Network and Telecomm Support role. You will participate in a robust 6-week training program to jump-start and enable your success in this role. This rigorous program is designed to develop tech-savvy individuals in the areas of network operations, IP, and customer care where you will learn about our technology, networks, products, processes, and customer service best practices.
Implementation Specialist 1 is an entry level position within the Provisioning organization. Qualified candidates must have a basic interest and understanding of various voice and data products and services. Also, able to provision circuits and service orders from an end to end process with a strong focus for quality and customer care. Responsible for supporting the delivery of requests for telecom services. Ensure requests are processed in a timely manner to meet SLA and customer expectations. Document all order activity and ensure data integrity in CenturyLink systems. Responsible for accurate and timely communication of order milestones to internal and externally facing teams – escalating as needed.
The Main Responsibilities
• Responsible for the coordination functions required to execute optimization/network growth orders generated by the Access Planning, Data Planning, and Traffic Engineering teams. Including install, disconnect, regroom /change orders.
• Provide efficient, quality service to both internal and external customers.
• Work well with others to achieve common goals and to foster a cooperative climate, as well as to work independently with little supervision.
• Complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe with a high degree of quality, adjusting work assignments or schedules to meet changing work-related priorities or demands.
• Efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Good understanding of voice and data NB/BB (DS0/1 and DS3) circuits: point to point, private line and Ethernet.
• Efficiently and accurately send Access Service Request and/or Scheduling work order activities.
• Able to trouble shoot and problem solve issues preventing service delivery.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Associates degree or equivalent education preferred; Or High School diploma with related work experience.
• Exposure to provisioning of narrowband, broadband and related applications
• Candidate needs to be very detail oriented and capable of working independently in a production environment.
• Strong analytical, organizational, communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and team work skills.
• Related experience in Network Provisioning.
• Experience working on a computer in a Windows-based system and with Microsoft Office 365.
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 257759
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.