Lumen’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Finance Organization will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active Lumen work projects. Interns will have the potential to be involved with the analysis and reporting in order to identify, drive, and report on opportunities that will drive Margin and EBITDA improvement across North American Business Units. The internship will take place in Broomfield, CO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
• Develop financial reporting
• Analyze data
• Communicate financial results with business leaders
• Locate margin improvement opportunities
• Drive margin improvement resulting from opportunities
• Utilize various data sources to identify cost savings opportunities across the P&L.
• Use high level P&L reporting as a baseline to begin drilling into the details under various categories.
• Investigate historical trends, evaluate within multiple data sources, and work cross functionally to understand business need and tie expenses to corresponding revenue or cost savings.
• Work with appropriate stakeholders to action the opportunity once the business need is identified.
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; entering senior year at the start of the internship.
Preferred graduation date between August 2022 – May 2023
Strong Excel skills required.
Must have transportation to/from work daily.
Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe (June – August 2022)
Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
Ability to demonstrate ownership and accountability.
Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Flexible and adapts well to change.
Professional appearance and attitude
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!
Requisition #: 260714