Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
• Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
• Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
• Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
• Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
The software architecture department is responsible to chart our course for software development. This team leads our efforts on Internet and Hybrid Virtual Private Network. As part of the team, you will assist with developing and documenting paths for the software framework, sequence, and API’s consumed. The intern for this role should be ready to take initiative, bring ideas to implement modern technologies and solutions.
• Participate in the scrum process
• Develop documentation sequence diagrams, system API calls, and assess code.
• Write code in Itential BPM, Node.JS, and/or Java in collaboration with senior developers
• Assist architecture group with system and solution architecture
• Facilitate meetings, work with stakeholders to understand requirements
What We Look For in a Candidate
o Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – May 2023.
o Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree field.
Proficiency and understanding of;
o Strong drive for results and taking initiative
o Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
o Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
o Flexible and adapts well to change
o A curious mindset with a solutions orientation
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!