Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10 – week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Software Developer in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, you will be a part of a diverse technology team responsible for supporting our billing system applications. The intern candidate for this role, should be ready to work in an Agile environment within SCRUM teams, while taking on the challenges of migrating legacy platforms to new modern applications, making enhancements to interfaces.
- Attend meetings
- Assist in the support of IT Tickets relating to application issues
- Track and monitor tickets vs work progress
- Identify and facilitate automation enhancements and reporting needs
- Assist with project management around migration efforts
- Develop and gain new skills while working collaboratively with a team of experienced developers
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Education Requirements
o Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – May 2023.
o Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree field.
• Proficiency and understanding of;
o Software Development processes
o Kubernetes, Java, Java Script, Python, Oracle or Open Source DB
o Standard IT testing methods
• Professional Attributes
o Strong drive for results and taking initiative
o Ability to be curious, resourceful, and adaptable
o Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Flexible and adapts well to change
• Work Setting
o Ideally the position will be in one of the following offices: Broomfield -CO, Littleton-CO or Monroe -LA. May consider remote/ work from home.
o Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours a week during the 10-week program (June – August)
o Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
o US work authorization
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!