Lumen’s US Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Software Developer in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, you will be a part of an application development team, working on leading edge application development. The successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing support and maintenance of the existing on-prem Telephony and Contact Center solutions as well as the transition to Genesys Pure Cloud platform. The candidate will be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving the customer and employee experience. The intern should be highly motivated, resourceful, and not afraid to ask questions or take initiative.
- Attend daily meetings
- Partner in a team environment to design, develop, code, test and debug new software
- Assist with enhancements to existing software of moderate complexity.
- Assist with triage and root cause identification
- Assist in the design and implement Genesys Pure Cloud environment configuration, implementation, and deployment to production.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – June 2023.
- Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree field.
Proficiency and understanding of;
- Basic software development skills
- Familiar with API / Web Service integrations (Rest, Soap, Json, and SQL database)
- Related work or project experience in software development
- Apply principles, theories and concepts and use methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects related to moderately complex software.
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be curious, resourceful, and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- Ideally the position will be in our Littleton, CO office for team collaborative work.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June – August)
- Intern is responsible for and must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
- US work authorization required