Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, you will be a part of the Corporate Systems Dev team working within our People Services ART with stakeholders in HR, Legal, Real Estate, Services Procurement, and numerous other areas. This team supports cloud-based systems and integrations between these stakeholder systems and internal applications at Lumen. The intern candidate for this role, should be ready work on cross functional program streams, while taking on the challenges of decommissioning outdated applications and software platforms, assisting in the continued modernization of Lumen’s platforms.
- Provide .NET Development support, this position would code web applications, middleware and production support activities
- Attend daily stand-ups
- Develop new web apis or web services
- Support infrastructure upgrades and patching
- Participate in cloud integration work
- Bug fixes
- Manage jira backlog for work items
- Production support activities (reporting or minor fixes/enhancements)
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Enrolled in 4 year college or university as a rising senior or master’s level status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – May 2023.
- Education/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar degree field is preferred.
- Proficiency and understanding of; MSFT tech stack, Java, C#, SQL Server and/or Oracle database knowledge is ideal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- US work authorization
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!