Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer in our Data Enablement team, the Intern will work as part of an engineering team providing support for the applications used by Lumen customers. Team members will work in our data marketplace modeling and using design thinking to ensure our customers are able to acquire and access their data. The ideal intern will be familiar with, SAFe methodologies and DevOps. They will also have a high level of engagement, take initiative and come with curiosity not afraid to ask questions and seek answers to achieve project outcomes.
- Attend daily meetings
- Ability to model and use design thinking
- Become familiar with the data and make recommendations for marketplace enhancements
- Create new models and innovation on how data flows into our customer marketplace
- Experience In developing applications using graph databases like DataStax Enterprise Graph
- Knowledge of GraphQL, Cypher, and Gremlin queries
- Development experience in Python
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM Methodologies and development practices
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Rising senior or master’s level education status in pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar technical degree, at start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – June 2023.
Proficiency and understanding of;
- Software Development processes
- Familiar with modeling and design thinking
- Design and Programming skills using a variety of technologies including Java, Oracle,
- Experience in using RDBMS like Oracle, MySQL, SQL, NOSQL
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- This position will be remote/ work from home.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June – August)
- US work authorization
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!