Lumen’s US Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer on our Data Enablement team in our regulatory reporting space, the Intern will work as part of an engineering team providing high profile support for our proprietary regulatory reporting software. The intern will work on the development aspects of this proprietary application, understanding the business reason and logic behind this work. Partner in a Data Warehouse team environment or be able to independently design, develop, code, test and debug new software or significant enhancements to existing Data Warehouse software of moderate complexity. You will also need to have a high level of engagement, take initiative, and come with curiosity not afraid to ask questions and seek answers to achieve project outcomes.
- Attend daily meetings
- Manual report validations
- Learn/Work on PLSQL query’s and SAS programs to create/modify metrics and reports.
- Work on Oracle databases.
- Mandatory reporting for obligations set by various legal jurisdictions, including federal, state, and contractual requirements
- Calculate and produce monthly and quarterly reporting metrics for the Federal Government networks contracts
- Provide Adhocs reports per business user request
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Attending a US University in a rising senior or master’s level education status, in pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar technical degree, at start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – May 2023.
Proficiency and understanding of;
- Software Development processes
- Familiar with modeling and design thinking
- PLSQL, Informatica, SharePoint Online, Sqlserver, Sqlserver reporting services (SSRS), Unix and SAS program knowledge can be an additional bonus
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- This position will be remote/ work from home.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June 3 – August 12, 2022)
- US work authorization required
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!