The Communications Intern will report to the Director of Communications, as well as the Managing and Artistic Directors.
Join Luna Stage, a small yet fierce professional theatre company founded in 1992 in Montclair, NJ, and operating since 2010 in West Orange, NJ.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support Luna’s administrative needs, specifically related to external communications.
- Help ensure timely and effective communication with press and media, patrons and donors, students and parents, institutional partners, and other Luna stakeholders.
- Help maintain and update marketing channels including website, public press folder, social channels, phone lines, physical lobby area, etc.
- Write engaging content, including press releases, promotional emails, and advertising copy.
- Learn to use software and tools to support communications and operations.
- Work closely with a phenomenal team with direct access to Luna leadership, as part of a cohort of dedicated interns and volunteers!
- Pending or completed degree in communications, journalism, or related field. Interest in theatre a plus!
- Exemplary communications etiquette; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively, respond flexibly, and remain calm under pressure.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, email marketing, and social channels. Graphic design and/or photography skills a plus!
- Organized, capacity to follow-through on projects, team player, communicative, empathetic.
- Interested in diving deep to learn about press and media relations, interactive communications, marketing, advertising, promotions, and fundraising.
- Fluent English. 18+ years.
- 10-20 hours per week, flexible.
- Unpaid. Support for receiving credit.
- Comps to Luna Stage performances.
How to Apply
Send resume and brief letter of interest to email@example.com.
Our theatre is committed to equal employment opportunity, and continues to be a strong advocate of non-discrimination in all its employment practices. Please visit the Employment page of our website for our full Non-Discrimination Policy. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply!
About Luna Stage
Luna Stage develops and produces plays about local and global experiences. We bring people together for artistic events that spark conversations and create understanding and change. Firmly rooted in New Jersey’s Valley Arts District—a crossroads of cultures—we celebrate the diverse voices that surround us. As producer, innovator, and educator, we are dedicated to eliminating barriers to participation, and nurturing the next generation of audiences and artists. www.LunaStage.org