Internship: Technical Theatre, Stage Management
Great Team, P/T, Professional Equity Theatre.
The ASM Intern reports to the Production Manager and the Production Stage Manager
Join Luna Stage, a small yet fierce professional equity theatre company founded in 1992 in Montclair, NJ, and operating since 2010 in West Orange, NJ. Work with artists, designers, and directors from NYC, NJ, and beyond.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Should have flexibility with their schedule due to variable production needs.
- Helping to facilitate the smooth running of rehearsals and performances
- Tracking props, costume pieces, and furniture for accurate setup and scene changes
- Presetting rehearsal props and costumes as needed for scene work and performances
- Being “on book” and assisting actors with their lines
- Assisting the SM, director, cast, and design team as needed during rehearsal, tech, and performance
- Spiking furniture and scenic elements and executing accurate scene changes
- Helping to maintain the overall quality of our productions by acting as Run Crew Chief
- Keeping accurate and thorough production paperwork
- Working and communicating effectively with other departments within the theatre
- Performing administrative duties as needed
- Participate in organization-wide intern duties
- Responsible for running shows
- Participate in cleaning, organization, and maintenance calls at the theater.
- Pending or completed degree in theater or any related field of study
- Ability to think creatively, respond flexibly, and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to multitask
- General knowledge of backstage operations, safety, and conventional theatre practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer literate, with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and the internet
- Capacity to follow-through on long-term projects, team player & empathetic.
- Needs to be team oriented but can also maintain the stamina, focus, initiative needed to work individually.
- Fluent English. 18+ years
- 10-18 hours per week
- Flexible work schedule.
- Unpaid. Support for receiving credit.
- Two sessions available:
Fall- September 9, 2019- December 21, 2019
Winter/Spring – January 6,2020- May 20, 2020
- Comps to Luna Stage performances and tickets to NJ Theatre Alliance member theatres.
How to Apply
- Send resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.
- Please specify which session/s you are interested in applying for.
Our theatre is committed to equal employment opportunity, and continues to be a strong advocate of non-discrimination in all its employment practices. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to, veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, and physical or mental disability. In addition, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, pregnancy, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, sex, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, nationality, refusing to submit to a genetic test or making available the results of a genetic test to an employer, and disability are protected classes in New Jersey and New York. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply!
About Luna Stage
Luna Stage develops and produces plays about local and global experiences. We bring people together for artistic events that spark conversations and create understanding and change. Firmly rooted in New Jersey’s Valley Arts District—a crossroads of cultures—we celebrate the diverse voices that surround us. As producer, innovator, and educator, we are dedicated to eliminating barriers to participation, and nurturing the next generation of audiences and artists. www.LunaStage.org