At Macmillan Learning, the health and safety of our employees and contract staff is a top priority. Accordingly, COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for all staff that will be working in a Macmillan Learning office, or have job duties requiring them to travel for work. If offered the role, the candidate will need to provide proof of vaccination in advance of their start date. Employees can request religious and/or medical exemptions to this requirement by following the process outlined in the offer letter.
The Data Quality Assistant will support the Operations Team by setting up and maintaining Macmillan Learning’s title information in the title management system, supporting Macmillan Learning’s Digital Operations e-Book distribution processes, responding to time-sensitive requests, and helping with ad-hoc projects. Requires learning and understanding the relationships and flow of information between the publishing, financial, and warehousing systems.
This position is located in either our New York or Boston office. Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until at least October 2021.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assignment of ISBNs in the publishing system and checking downstream systems to make sure ISBN details flowed correctly.
- Maintaining accurate title information in the publishing system. Monitor daily data quality reports and make any necessary corrective actions.
- Distribution of e-Books and responding to access code requests.
- Communicating across departments/teams as needed. Responding to requests in a timely manner.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively and professionally with diverse stakeholders across departments
- Experience tracking deadlines and deliverables
- Initiative, curiosity, and follow-through
- Highly organized in your approach to work with fine attention to detail
- Internship or work experience with publisher or bookstore
- Experience working with shared documents on Google office suite, Adobe Acrobat, and project tracking software such as JIRA
- Customer outreach experience
- Project management experience
Regular full-time and qualifying part-time employees and their dependents are eligible for Macmillan benefits, effective on the employee’s date of hire. Macmillan also offers health benefits coverage to qualifying same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners (may require additional documentation) of active employees.
- Competitive pay and bonus plan
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Contributions to your Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off policy and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program, Education Assistance Program
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Fast-paced, intellectually challenging professional environment
- And much more!
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world’s best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Late Nite Labs, EBI-MAPworks, i<clicker, REEF and Hayden-McNeil.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, veteran, family and economic status and background, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. You can read more about our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion initiatives here.
The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Bedford, Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources at Macmillan Learning.