At Macmillan Learning, the health and safety of our employees and contract staff is a top priority. Accordingly, COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for all staff that will be working in a Macmillan Learning office, or have job duties requiring them to travel for work. If offered the role, the candidate will need to provide proof of vaccination in advance of their start date. Employees can request religious and/or medical exemptions to this requirement by following the process outlined in the offer letter.
Salary: $50k + Bonus, depending on experience.
Macmillan Learning’s Customer Experience team is seeking a Learning Solutions Specialist. This person will be responsible for leading demos and the on-boarding/implementation of technology solutions with Macmillan Learning customers. Through sales demos, you will provide a deeper dive into digital content focused on securing the business. On-boarding focuses on implementation to ensure professors require the product as part of the course.
As a Learning Solutions Specialist, you will use discipline and customer-specific knowledge to highlight product features and develop customer solution plans throughout the presentation. You will work to share best practices, key marketplace issues and trends. You will also facilitate internal communication between editorial, marketing, technology, product development, customer support working strategically to develop technology initiatives cross-functionally at Macmillan Learning.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct customer needs analysis based on internal and external research, as well as customer interviews to develop customized product demonstrations.
- Present customer webinars and onsite campus demonstrations to promote Macmillan Learning products and transition customers from competing products to Macmillan Learning native technology.
- Develop relationships with technology adopters by managing customized course builds, troubleshooting implementation issues, working as a liaison between the customer and product and development teams, and serving as a layer of personal customer service for our top tier technology adopters.
- Develop continuous demo feedback loops across departments and within the discipline groups to support digital strategy planning across the company, ensuring the voice of the customer is heard in product, development, sales and marketing initiatives.
- Conduct product training for sales reps to support digital sales in their territories.
- Attend relevant conferences, seminars, and webinars to gain knowledge necessary to effectively promote higher education technology.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to inspire/motivate others to use technology
- Experience strategizing to meet organizational goals
- Experience looking for ways to improve/promote quality
- Experience working collaboratively across groups
- Experience exhibiting varied oral and written communication styles for different audiences
- Experience including appropriate people in decision-making processes
- Experience prioritizing effectively
- Experience performing well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Experience developing innovative approaches and ideas
- Ability to work within an approved budget
- Experience working well in group problem-solving situations
- Ability to analyze the market and competition with an eye to meeting course needs
- Proven record of customer service
- Experience with educational technology and working with instructors
- Educational publishing experience
Regular full-time and qualifying part-time employees and their dependents are eligible for Macmillan benefits, effective on the employee’s date of hire. Macmillan also offers health benefits coverage to qualifying same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners (may require additional documentation) of active employees.
- Competitive pay and bonus plan
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Contributions to your 401k retirement account through Fidelity (US)
- Generous paid time off policy and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program, Education Assistance Program
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- And much more!
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world’s best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Late Nite Labs, EBI-MAPworks, i<clicker, REEF and Hayden-McNeil.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels.
The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Bedford, Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources at Macmillan Learning.