At Macmillan Learning, the health and safety of our employees and contract staff is a top priority. Accordingly, COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for all staff that will be working in a Macmillan Learning office, or have job duties requiring them to travel for work. If offered the role, the candidate will need to provide proof of vaccination in advance of their start date. Employees can request religious and/or medical exemptions to this requirement by following the process outlined in the offer letter.
This position is located in our New York office. Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until at least October 2021.
Macmillan Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels.
Macmillan Learning is seeking a Marketing Assistant for our Humanities division. This position provides support to English Marketing Managers in the Higher Education group. The ideal candidate will be motivated, organized, and interested in educational publishing. The Marketing Assistant will provide administrative and marketing support for a team of managers while also liaising with multiple departments (e.g., Sales, Editorial, Digital Marketing) so flexibility is key. Candidates must demonstrate ability to prioritize, be resourceful, and be responsive in a fast paced role where team members are both office-based and working remotely.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative and marketing support for three Marketing Managers covering Macmillan Learning’s English disciplines
- Create and deploy mass email campaigns (create market emails based on Manager copy/direction)
- Help organize and administer digital and print marketing campaigns
- Create and assemble marketing materials for Sales Representatives and Marketing Managers
- Interact and correspond with members of the sales, editorial, marketing, advertising, and events teams and college instructors on a daily basis
- Assist in the preparation and execution of two national sales meetings each year
- Run sales reports and build spreadsheets for analysis
- Submit expenses for author travel reimbursement (for professional development sessions, sales presentations, and conferences)
- Assist sales representatives with ISBNs, prices, packages, and other product-related questions
- Assist Marketing Managers with daily to long-term projects, essential tasks, and strategic planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate projects between multiple marketing managers
- Attention to detail and thoroughness
- Ability to multitask
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Some travel required
- Experience using Marketo and Salesforce
- Understanding of HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, and Zoom
- Experience with financial management systems (xFlow, etc.) to submit invoices
- Prior office experience
Regular full-time and qualifying part-time employees and their dependents are eligible for Macmillan benefits, effective on the employee’s date of hire. Macmillan also offers health benefits coverage to qualifying same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners (may require additional documentation) of active employees.
- Competitive pay and bonus plan
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Contributions to your Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off policy and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program, Education Assistance Program
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Fast-paced, intellectually-challenging professional environment
- And much more!
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world’s best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Late Nite Labs, EBI-MAPworks, i<clicker, REEF and Hayden-McNeil.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels.
The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Bedford, Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources at Macmillan Learning.