The Security Guard’s primary responsibility is to deter theft, communicate suspicious activity to the Asset Protection/Loss Prevention Department, maintain a safe business environment, and provide strong customer service. The Security Guard is primarily stationed at customer entrances and monitors customer traffic entering and exiting the store. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successfully complete all Asset Protection/Loss Prevention training requirements including CPR and First Aid and maintain personal certifications as required by law
- Monitor high shortage areas such as receiving and jewelry as needed; may perform audit functions
- Use two-way communication devices to maintain contact with Store Detectives to ensure store safety
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits, and other activities as assigned by store leadership
- Have knowledge of and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- No experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May occasionally involve reaching above eye level, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Frequently lift/move up to 30lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.