Asset Protection Officer, Secaucus D2C FJ – Full Time
Secaucus, NJ, United States
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. With endless opportunities, you can begin anywhere and go everywhere at Macy’s. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to excellence and leadership development. We want talent like you.
Responsible for the protection of company assets and associates. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of inbound/outbound trailer logs, common carrier logs, discrepancy reports.
- Maintain access control of all who enter and exit the facility.
- Respond to the alarm system.
- Conduct audits on common carriers.
- Monitor associate activities.
- Monitor activities of visitors/truckers.
- Enforce all facility rules and regulations.
- Respond to building emergencies.
- Operate power equipment and CCTV.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior security experience in a distribution center environment preferred.
- PC Knowledge, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manual
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and handheld technology
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, depth perception and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs
Supply Chain Only and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility except in locations governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement
Random drug testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a monthly or semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but not limited to the size of the facility and the number of colleagues on roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for testing by a third party. Testing must be completed on the same workday the colleague is informed of selection for testing, absent extenuating circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be completed within 24 hours of notification.