Why work as a Public Safety Officer with Main Line Health?
- Be an Integral Member of our Organization! Safety is of utmost importance to our patients, staff, and community! As a Public Safety Officer, you have the ability to provide our patients and staff with a peace of mind. As you monitor situations on and off campus, you help ensure a safe environment for all. Use your strong people skills and professional judgment to respond appropriately to both emergency situations and delicate patient matters.
- Develop and Grow your Career! Invest in furthering your education through seeking certifications or advanced degrees by taking advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement! This position is eligible for up to $6,000 per year based upon your Full or Part Time status.
- Join the Team! Like our patients, the Main Line Health Family encompasses a wide range of backgrounds and abilities. Just as each of our patients requires a personalized care plan, each of our employees, physicians, and volunteers, bring distinctive talents to Main Line Health. Regardless of our unique design, we all share a purpose: providing superior service and care.
- Position-Specific Benefits include: You are eligible for up to 120 hours of paid time off per year based on your Full or Part Time status. We also offer a number of employee discounts to various activities, services, and vendors… And employee parking is always free!
Position: Public Safety Officer
Shift: Various shifts
Experience in a healthcare setting or security/customer service-related field preferred.
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
2. Ability to think independently yet listen to and work with a team.
3. Ability to maintain confidential information and handle confidential matters.
4. Critical thinking skills and ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
High school diploma required.
1. Valid drivers license and good driving record for the last 10 years.
2. Must be certified or eligible for Commonwealth of Pennsylvania State Lethal Weapons Training Certification (Act 235).
3. Must complete Managing of Aggressive Behavior or MOAB parts 1, 2 & 3 within 4 months of employment.